Volunteer call for 21st WATCH DOCS IFF!
This year, we will meet again in the cinema at the 21st WATCH DOCS IFF. Human Rights in Film! Would you like to join us?
Here is your chance to become a part of the festival family and get involved in creating one of the biggest human rights film festivals in the world!
We are opening a call for volunteers for the 21st edition of WATCH DOCS, which will take place from December 10 to 16, 2021 in a stationary form in Warsaw, and from December 10 to 19 online at the MOJEeKINO.pl platform.
To become a volunteer, please read the information in the announcement and fill out the application form (you can find it HERE).
We accept applications from people who are at least 18 years old, have at least 16 hours of availability and communicative knowledge of Polish.
We are waiting for completed forms until 10 November at 11:59 PM.
We will send out the results of the recruitment process via e-mail no later than November 15!
WHAT DO YOU GAIN?
- the opportunity to co-create a major cultural event
- valuable experience and priceless memories
- the opportunity to meet people with similar interests - it may be the beginning of a new friendship
- the opportunity to meet documentary filmmakers
- possibility of student traineeship
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
- availability - a minimum of 16 hours during the festival
- communicative knowledge of English (especially if you want to take care of guests from abroad)
- a sense of responsibility for the tasks assigned to you
INFORMATION ABOUT INTERNSHIPS
During the WATCH DOCS Festival, there is a possibility of student internships as a volunteer. You will have to indicate your willingness to do it in the notes at the bottom of the application form.
During the festival, volunteers can get involved in many different ways.
The main tasks are:
SERVICING THE SCREENING ROOMS
- checking tickets at the entrance to the screening room
- running the viewers choice contest
- maintaining order in the screening room, interacting with cinema staff
- assisting and advising the audience at the festival
SERVICING INFORMATION STANDS
- issuing tickets for accredited visitors, issuing accreditations to authorised journalists
- providing festival guests with information on the festival programme and accompanying events, and answering other questions connected with the festival
- issuing festival promotional materials
- assisting in setting up information stands
TAKING CARE OF GUESTS
- picking up and taking a guest from / to the airport (transport is provided by the organizers)
- taking care of a designated guest for the duration of the festival - providing the guest with all the necessary information concerning the festival as well as the necessary linguistic and logistic support.
OPERATING THE ONLINE INFORMATION POINT - HELP DESK (remote volunteer service)
- providing help and advice to festival viewers who send in their questions via the festival email address
PHOTOGRAPHIC DOCUMENTATION OF THE FESTIVAL
- taking photos and reports from the festival events
If you are interested in such a form of cooperation in the application form fill in the question concerning your experience in this area and attach a link to your works (e.g. Instagram).
Additionally, as part of volunteering we provide:
- certificate of volunteering
- accident insurance
- a written agreement, in case of a service longer than 30 days
We would like to ensure that the festival is conducted in accordance with current sanitary guidelines. We will provide protective gear for volunteers to allow us to run the event safely.
If you have any further questions don't hestiate and write an email: [email protected].
See you soon!