Filmmakers at risk workshop - apply now!
Baltic to Black Sea Documentary Network and WATCH DOCS. Human Rights in Film International Film Festival, organized by the Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights, are arranging a practical workshop for documentary filmmakers, working on dangerous topics in dangerous environments. Documentary filmmakers from Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan, covering wars, territorial disputes, social conflicts, corruption, organised crime and other issues that expose either them or their characters to risks, are invited to apply.
Dates: December 5-8, 2022
Place: Warsaw, WATCH DOCS. Human Rights in Film IFF
- Filmmakers working on an important documentary film topic which puts them personally, their family members or their film characters in danger or exposes to risks;
- Filmmakers have an idea of making the film on an important topic, but are afraid of the risks this work may cause;
- Filmmakers must be from the following countries: Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan;
- Their film stories must take place/be filmed totally or partially in one of the countries mentioned above.
What we offer:
A four day workshop with film industry professionals, security experts and human rights defenders from Europe who will help the participants in:
- finding solutions to eliminate possible risks for the film projects, filmmakers and the film characters;
- finding solutions to secure the production by promoting the film project internationally and find established producers, distributors, commissioning editors, as well as impact producers, international NGOs and institutions interested in supporting the film projects.
A more detailed programme for the workshop will be announced after we have received all the applications - to adapt the programme to the needs of selected filmmakers.
How to apply:
- Upload your film project to B2B Doc database (go to https://b2bdoc.se, click Join the Network!)
- Send a motivation letter to [email protected], describing what risk does your project, you personally or your characters are exposed to and what would you expect from participation in the workshop.
Deadline for the application: October 31, 2022.
The selected participants will be announced on November 15, 2022.